Health and Safety Code – HSC § 118506
HSC § 118506. Baby diaper changing stations in public facilities
(2) This section does not apply to an industrial building or to a nightclub or bar that does not permit anyone who is under 18 years of age to enter the premises. This section also does not apply to a restroom located in a health facility if the restroom is intended for the use of one patient or resident at a time.
(b) This section shall not be enforceable by a private right of action.
(1) Subdivision (a) applies to all new construction, and, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (2), to all renovations of bathrooms for which a permit has been obtained, in which the estimated cost of the new construction or renovation is ten thousand dollars ($10,000) or more. If an entity subject to subdivision (a) is already in compliance with that subdivision at the time of new construction or renovation, additional restrooms equipped with baby diaper changing stations are not required.
(2) Subdivision (a) does not apply to a renovation if a local building permitting entity or building inspector determines that the installation of a baby diaper changing station is not feasible or would result in a failure to comply with applicable building standards governing the right of access for persons with disabilities. The permitting entity or building inspector may grant an exemption from the requirements of subdivision (a) under those circumstances.
(d) For purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) “Health facility” has the meaning set forth in Section 1250 .
(2) “Restaurant with an occupancy of at least 60 persons” does not apply to a restaurant if there is a centrally located facility with a baby diaper changing station that is open to the public and located within 300 feet of the entrance to the restaurant.