Currrent as of February 4, 2022
Penal Code § 269
Aggravated sexual assault of child
(a) Any person who commits any of the following acts upon a child who is under 14 years of age and seven or more years younger than the person is guilty of aggravated sexual assault of a child:
(1) Rape, in violation of paragraph (2) or (6) of subdivision (a) of Section 261.
(2) Rape or sexual penetration, in concert, in violation of Section 264.1.
(3) Sodomy, in violation of paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (c), or subdivision (d), of Section 286.
(4) Oral copulation, in violation of paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (c), or subdivision (d), of Section 287 or former Section 288a.
(5) Sexual penetration, in violation of subdivision (a) of Section 289.
(b) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for 15 years to life.
(c) The court shall impose a consecutive sentence for each offense that results in a conviction under this section if the crimes involve separate victims or involve the same victim on separate occasions as defined in subdivision (d) of Section 667.6.
Added Stats 1st Ex Sess 1993–94 ch 48 § 1 (SB 30 X), effective November 30, 1994. Amended Stats 2006 ch 337 § 6 (SB 1128), effective September 20, 2006; Amendment approved by voters, Prop. 83 § 5, effective November 8, 2006; Stats 2018 ch 423 § 47 (SB 1494), effective January 1, 2019.