Probate Code – PROB § 18105

PROB § 18105. Affidavit of change of trustee; Recordation

If title to an interest in real property is affected by a change of trustee, the successor trustee may execute and record in the county in which the property is located an affidavit of change of trustee.  The county recorder shall impose any fee prescribed by law for recording that document in an amount sufficient to cover all costs incurred by the county in recording the document.  The affidavit shall include the legal description of the real property, the name of the former trustee or trustees and the name of the successor trustee or trustees.  The affidavit may also, but is not required to, include excerpts from the original trust documents, any amendments thereto, and any other documents evidencing or pertaining to the succession of the successor trustee or trustees.