Public Resources Code – PRC § 3202
(a) A person who acquires the right to operate a well or production facility, whether by purchase, transfer, assignment, conveyance, exchange, or other disposition, shall, as soon as it is reasonably possible, but not later than the date when the acquisition of the well or production facility becomes final, notify the supervisor or the district deputy, in writing, of the person’s operation. The acquisition of a well or production facility shall not be recognized as complete by the supervisor or the district deputy until the new operator provides all of the following material:
(1) The name and address of the person from whom the well or production facility was acquired.
(2) The name and location of the well or production facility, and a description of the land upon which the well or production facility is situated.
(3) The date when the acquisition becomes final.
(4) The date when possession was or will be acquired.
(5) An indemnity bond for each well as required under Section 3204 or 3205 .
(b) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2018.